If you know me or have spoken with me in the last two months, you probably know I’m very excited about VBS! Did you realize that during the week of June 20-24 each registered child will be involved in over 15 hours of Bible study? Every morning at 8:30 a.m. kids and their leaders will learn a Bible verse, sing praises to God and share ways they have seen God at work. Kids will continue to learn how to follow Jesus at four different stations each morning. The morning concludes with a review of the Bible point, a creative way to make application and more high energy praise songs.
Although I have always thought Bible School was important, I think ours is especially valuable because:
- Kids including those who don’t have Christian families get to learn about Jesus in a variety of fun ways (music, science, games, drama, etc.).
- Children develop relationships with leaders of different ages who love God and kids.
- The different exploration stations are taught by leaders who are prepared and gifted in those areas.
- The daily Bible point is integrated into each station to reinforce Bible learning.
- The enthusiastic way our students (7th grade – college) serve is contagious.
VBS also gives our whole church an opportunity to pray specifically for children to come to know and love Christ. Will you please pray for our evangelistic emphasis day on Thursday, June 23? Pray that children will hear and understand about their need for our Savior.
Speaking of prayer, everyone is invited to participate in our VBS Prayer Walk. This will be the Wednesday evening before Vacation Bible School. Adults, students, and families will have opportunity to pray for our VBS leaders and registered children by name. Please put Wednesday evening, June 15, on your calendar, so you can join us in prayer.
Minister to Children