- This Sunday, August 16, our church building will be open for worship. For those who feel comfortable leaving their home and meeting in the church building, we will meet and worship in the Sanctuary and/or Great Hall. For those who need or prefer to stay at home and worship, and would not feel safe, or would feel compromised…please do not attend. The services will be streamed online, just as if you were in the church building.
- We are working diligently to provide a safe environment for our church family by taking measures to ensure an additional level of sanitation, as well as implementing several new procedures for in-person worship. Our goal is to provide an even safer environment than businesses are providing.
- Signs will be posted at our worship entrances that state we are requiring masks to be worn when entering and exiting the building. For those who do not have masks, we will provide masks. After people are escorted to their seats, those who choose to remove their masks may do so.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be available inside the entrances.
- Both worship areas and the most common touchpoints (doors, light switches, countertops, etc.) will be wiped down and sanitized thoroughly by custodians prior to each use. A sanitizing wand will be used in occupied spaces and connecting corridors prior to use.
- Only one entrance will be open for each service: the main sanctuary door will open at 8:00 a.m. for the Traditional Service at 9:00 a.m. The Great Hall (Berry Building doors) will open at 10:30 a.m. for the Contemporary Service at 11:15 a.m.
- The Task Team, wearing masks and gloves, will open doors so that no one will need to touch a door handle.
- The Task Team will escort and seat people, individuals, or family groups, at least six feet apart.
- Following worship, people must wear their masks when exiting. To maintain social distancing, The Task Team will assist people row by row in exiting. For those attending worship and who will be remaining for Sunday Bible Study, they will remain seated until all others have exited. Afterward, they will head to their Sunday Bible Study classes, maintaining social distancing and wearing masks.
- Offering baskets will be at the entrance/exit of the Sanctuary and Great Hall, so that offering plates do not need to be passed.
- Restrooms will be sanitized and available for each worship service. Custodial staff will be onsite to sanitize after each use. The restrooms at the back of the sanctuary will be open for the 9:00 a.m. service. Restrooms on the west side of the Great Hall will be open for the 11:15 a.m. service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout our facilities and restrooms.
- Extended Teaching Care (ETC) for children under 5 years of age will be available during both worship services.
Additional Church Reopening Links:
Sunday Bible Study: Adults (click here)
Sunday Bible Study: Children (click here)
Sunday Bible Study: Students (click here)
Church Office (click here)
PDF of All Church Reopening Protocols (click here)