Title: Executive Pastor
The Executive Pastor shall be responsible for providing leadership for the Church’s total business management and shall ensure the Church meets the needs of the community by providing opportunities for quality Christian discipleship and education. He/she shall support and directly report to the Senior Pastor.
● A sincere passion for Christ
● Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
● Experience in the business world and/or church ministry
● Demonstrated excellence in leadership and administration
● Oversee the day-to-day business of the Church, including the processing of offerings, overseeing expenditures, processing of payroll, exercising budgetary control, planning and forecasting, I/T, and maintaining an adequate cash flow.
● Oversee all accounting functions of the Church according to established accounting practices.
● Work with the ministry staff in all areas that may involve finances, including stewardship programs and fundraising campaigns.
● Oversee the maintenance and acquisition of all equipment and supplies.
● Work with the Senior Pastor and the appropriate committees on projects involving Church property, both current and future.
● Serve as the Church’s risk manager.
● Oversee the Church’s benevolence program.
● Oversee and maintain the physical facilities of the church, including the church property and grounds, custodial support staff, and contractors; process for final signature all contracts.
● Oversee food service programs for the Church.
● Oversee the scheduling of all facilities.
● Oversee assigned Church staff.
● Serve as the Church’s human relations manager.
● Implement and oversee personnel policies and procedures in association with the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Committee.
● Oversee and cultivate a quality Christian education and discipleship ministry, including the equipping and development of Bible study and small group leaders.
● Work with age group staff members to equip families to carry out continuing Christian education and development in the home.
● Oversee adult ministries and provide leadership to the youth and children's ministers.
● Develop & implement opportunities to take the gospel message to our community as the leader of the Church’s outreach ministry.
● Work with ministerial staff to coordinate the tasks required for off-site church events.
● Assist in the pastoral care of the Church family.
● Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
|Printable Position Description|