The roots of First Baptist Plano can be traced to 1852 with the founding of Spring Creek Baptist Church, which evolved into the First Baptist Church of Plano in 1872. We have a rich history of being a part of what God has done locally, nationally, and across the world. This heritage of ministry continues today in a church whose focus is loving, serving, and sharing.

1852    Church began in the little log school house with 5 members, meeting
             one Saturday and one Sunday each month
1853    Spring Creek Baptist Church constituted and building erected in place
             of school house
1854    Church joined the Elm Fork Baptist Association
1872    Central Railroad came to Plano, making Plano a suburb of Dallas. The
             church sold its building and moved to Plano
1873    Changed name to Plano Baptist Church. Membership at this time was
             51.
1886    Collin County Association organized; Plano Baptist Church reported
             services being held on the second and fourth Sundays each month.
             Total membership was 170.
1894    Church began holding services every Sunday
1897    Purchased property on the southeast corner of 15th Street and M
             Avenue
1898    Dedication of new building
1921    Mission, County Line Church accepted members as part of Plano
             Baptist Church
1936    Changed name to First Baptist Church of Plano
1942    The first Homecoming was celebrated
1947    Baptist Standard began being mailed to every Baptist home
1949    Dedication of present Sanctuary on E. 15th Street
1953    100 year Anniversary
1964    Dr. Travis Berry was called as pastor
1970    Present Sanctuary and education building dedicated
1971    Child Development Center Opened
1972    Mission, Prairie Creek Baptist Church, begun and then constituted 1975
1976    Mission, Hunters Glen Baptist Church, begun and constituted 1982
1978    Mission, Hillside Baptist Church, begun and constituted 1982
1979    Church membership totaled 2834
1980    Old Sanctuary was remodeled into the Chapel
1989    Church membership totaled 3466
1990    Sanctuary remodeled
2002    150 year Celebration
2008    Provided office space for international offices of Mission to Unreached
             Peoples (Act Beyond)
2010    Community Outreach Garden was established
2012    Contemporary Worship Service Began

Pastors of First Baptist Church Plano