From Pastor Jerry's article on 01-01-2012:
The greatest joy in following Jesus is introducing a friend to Him. As I pray for you this year, I pray that you—each of you—will have that privilege. The best help I can give you is the Word of God; He has promised that His Word will accomplish His purpose!
As we marked the Bibles in the church pews on Sunday, January 1, I wanted you to be able to mark your own copies of God’s Word as an aid in introducing people to Jesus. Use this “path” to help a friend “get on the same page” with God’s everlasting love and life.
1. Inside the front cover of the Bible, write: Turn to John 20:30-31 (page ____)
Underline John 20:30-31
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
2. At the bottom of that page, write: Turn to John 3:16 (page ____)
Underline John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
3. At the bottom of that page, write: Turn to Romans 3:23 (page ____)
Underline Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
4. At the bottom of that page, write: Turn to Romans 6:23 (page ____)
Underline Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
5. At the bottom of that page, write: Turn to Romans 5:8 (page ____)
Underline Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
6. At the bottom of that page, write: Turn to Romans 10:9-10, 13 (page ____)
Underline Romans 10:9-10, 13
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
7. At the bottom of that page, write: Turn to 1 John 5:11-13 (page ____)
Underline 1 John 5:11-13
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
8. At the bottom of that page, write: Will you tell Jesus you believe in Him right now?
9. Pray that God will use you and His word to lead someone to Jesus!
Begin praying on the first day of this new year for the next person you will introduce to Jesus. Let the Holy Spirit be your guide!