Connecting to the Wireless Network
First Baptist Church of Plano (FBC Plano) provides free Internet access points or "hot spots" throughout its facilities for users with portable computers or devices capable of receiving wireless signals. These access points will allow users to access the Internet from their device when sitting within range of the access points.
All users are expected to use FBC Plano's wireless access in a legal and responsible manner. While using this wireless access, users should not violate federal, State of Texas or local laws, including:
• Obscene or Indecent Speech or Materials. Using FBC Plano’s service to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. FBC Plano will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with child pornography or the solicitation of sex with minors.
• Defamatory or Abusive Language Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
• Fraud. Users are prohibited from misrepresenting themselves as another user; attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; seeking unauthorized access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database.
• Downloading copyrighted material. U.S. copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code) prohibits the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted materials, except as permitted by the principles of "fair use". Users may not copy or distribute electronic materials without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
• Distribution of Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or Other Destructive Activities
• Spamming and Invasion of Privacy
• Other Illegal Activities
By using this wireless access network at FBC Plano, the user acknowledges that he ⁄she is subject to, and agrees to abide by all laws, and all rules and regulations of the State of Texas, and the federal government that is applicable to Internet use.
Terms and Conditions of Use
PLEASE NOTE: Printing access is not available via the wireless connection
• FBC Plano assumes no responsibility for laptop configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the network and cannot guarantee that a user's hardware will work with the wireless connection.
• If a user has problems accessing the Internet over these connections, users should refer to their owner's manuals or other support services offered by their device manufacturer.
• FBC Plano has tried to ensure wireless access is available throughout its public facility areas. However, users may encounter occasional "dead spots" where wireless reception may be limited or too many users are attempting to access from a particular access point. If you have trouble accessing the Internet or staying online, please move to a different location within the facility.
Wireless access is by nature an insecure medium. As with most public wireless networks, any information being sent or received over the wireless network could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user. Cautious and informed wireless users should not transmit their credit card information, passwords and any other sensitive personal information while using any wireless "hot spot".
Anyone using the wireless network provided by FBC Plano is forewarned that there can be no expectation of privacy when using the wireless network, whether accessed from an external or internal site. Users assume all associated risks and agree to hold harmless FBC Plano and its employees for any personal information (e.g. credit card) that is compromised, or for any damage caused to users' hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking. All wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their personal laptop computers or wireless devices.
FBC Plano is providing wireless connectivity in this facility as a public service and offers no guarantees or representations that any use of the wireless connection is in any way secure, or that any privacy can be protected when using this wireless connection. Use of this wireless connection is entirely at the risk of the user, and FBC Plano is not responsible for any loss of any information that may arise from the use of the wireless connection, nor is FBC Plano responsible for any loss, injury, or damages resulting from the use of the wireless connection.
(revised March 2012)