- Opportunity to Minister to a UTD International Student (and it only takes a few hours of your time!!)
- Pick up an arriving International Student at the airport and drive them to their new home.
- You will receive about an hour of training (required to participate) - but you really don’t have to do anything much more than be there and be friendly
Sign up here! This page takes about ten seconds to open.
For more information:
Phone / Text: Rick Weaver 972-523-3881
Training Dates / Time Locations:
Saturday, June 29 | 10:00am | Preston Highlands Baptist Church
Tuesday, July 9 | 7:00pm | Preston Highlands Baptist Church
Sunday, July 14 | 3:00pm | FBC Plano (Barry Bldg Rm 205)
We are collecting furniture and housewares for free distribution to international students at UTD in the “Garage Giveaway” event.
Garage Giveaway is on August 24 so items will be accepted up until August 23
Items can be brought to the church and will be stored in Room D116
Please do not donate large or heavy furniture (student apartments are small and could be on 2nd or 3rd floor) - no entertainment centers, large dressers, or large appliances. And please donate reasonably used items in good condition only.
Here is a list of the types of items to donate:
- Desks (no larger than 3’ X 5’) • Desk chairs
- Couches/Loveseats (small/light)
- End/coffee tables (small/light)
- Twin size beds (full size OK but no Queen or King)
- Dining tables (small)
- Book shelves (small)
- Kitchen Utensils
- Sheets/Linens (new not used)
In addition to the items above we need people with trucks and/or trailers to help haul the items from FBC to the Garage Giveaway site (near UTD in Richardson) early morning on August 24 and then later in the day on August 24 haul furniture from the Garage Giveaway site to the students’ apartments.
For additional information or to volunteer as a driver contact:
Rick Weaver at 972-523-3881 (voice or text)
The Big Howdy
Watch this spot for more information about the Big Howdy - August 16th!